I am not ashamed to admit that I like fast food and I crave them all the time. You just don’t know what I would give to eat Jollibee spaghetti, chicken joy, palabok, and tuna pie now.
We watched Mamma Mia and I had to stop myself from singing along with the songs. By doing that, I used up all my energy so I needed food. When I am hungry, the easiest way to make me happy is to give me rice. So we went to Panda Express. It has been years since I last ate from Panda Express because I don’t usually go to malls but I still think their food is good.
So I tried to make their version of Pepper Chicken.
That site has a lot of recipes that follow Panda Express’ menu. I will try to make Orange Chicken next.
So here are the changes I made:
- Skipped the onions because I did not have onions so I added more celery
- Changed the ginger powder to real ginger but I took them out when I cooked the chicken
- Used vinegar and cayenne pepper instead of chili vinegar
- Used dark soy sauce instead of light soy sauce (like Kikkoman) that this recipe calls for so I only used 3/5 of what the recipe calls for
- I used a little bit of ground pepper because I did not have pepper grinder
Although what I cooked was nowhere near what Panda Express’ Pepper Chicken taste like, I still think it turned out good. The chicken was tender and the taste was good. Of course, this dish is best served with rice.