I hate throwing food away. The only time I throw food is when they are expired. Expired food is a no-no in my kitchen. No excuses.
As I have said, I hate throwing food away so when I saw apples in the fridge that I totally forgot were there, I decided to bake an apple cake.
Nagi, of RecipeTinEats, is my most favorite food blogger. Every time I follow her recipe, it is always a success. So I headed to her site first to look for a recipe of Apple Cake. Luckily, she had one. The title just blew me away: “Easiest Ever MOIST Apple Cake“. Easy and Moist in the same phrase? I am in!
These are the changes I made:
- Cloves – but I never really liked the taste of cloves so I skipped it
- Almonds – I did not have ready flaked almonds so I used chopped almonds instead (and chopping almonds was actually the hardest part of this recipe for me)
- I put more almonds than what Nagi did so my food taster said it was a little bit nutty hence I changed the name of this recipe
- I do not have a cake pan so I used the leche flan tin pan that I got from the Philippines. I wonder if it would made a difference if I had a “real” cake pan.
- I don’t have a cooling rack so I cooled it on a plate.
- The size of my tin pan is not the same size used in this recipe.
The result? My food taster loved it. And I loved it too and I don’t even like apples.
Again, thank you Nagi for always making my baking experience a blast.
The reality is kind of different from the expected but I am not kidding you when I say that it is really, really good.